Well hellllloooo there! (said totally in that creepy Paul from The Next Food Network Star voice. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go YouTube it. I'll wait.)
Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm hoping to get out of this whole blog thing, but I figured it was about time to put my bizarre journey to figure out who, exactly, this Caitie person I've been seeing around is, and how the heck she managed to sneak into my body and slowly start taking it over, corporeal and mental aspects alike.
Because that, folks, is what the Cait-IE Experiment is about; I feel as though Caitie is an arm of myself that I am slowly developing - not in a mutant, walked-too-close-to-the-nuclear-power-plant kind of way, but more of a Beyonce/Sasha Fierce type way. She's the person who tries spinach smoothies despite their resemblance to jarred baby peas mixed with day-old yogurt; who throws financial caution to the wind and ditches her oh-so-cheap membership to the gym two towns over and shells out 4x the amount per month to finally join the gym across the street from work; who actually GOES to classes at the gym, despite not knowing anyone else, and tries something new (and discovers she loves spinning!); who runs around Whole Foods harassing innocent stock boys about their next shipment of chia seeds; who actually EATS said seeds, as well as a whole slew of other bizarre things with names she isn't 100% sure how to pronounce (cacao? Ca-cow? Ca-cay-o? Caca-o? Whatever); who eats whatever she wants at the time, without grabbing her cell-phone at lightning speed to calorie-check her options and then spending the evening nervously fidgeting and mentally berating herself because she chose to eat a chicken wing and have a beer with friends instead of nibbling on some lettuce and having her 32nd glass of water for the day. Caitie doesn't have time for obsessing about stuff like that, because she's too busy loving herself, the life she leads and the people she surrounds herself with to care.
Caitlin is who I am. Caitie is who I want to be. And slowly, bit by bit, she is becoming a part of me that I am more than excited to get to know -- and I want to share her with others, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment