Friday, January 20, 2012

Freeing Up Headspace

This week, I've been feeling very... scattered. I'd like to blame it on the whole "short week" thing, but I actually worked on Monday so I can't fall back on that. I'd also like to insist that it's because I had to go an entire day without Wikipedia, but that would be a lie, too. I actually only found myself Googling one subject I normally wouldn't, and that's only because I might have the "Season 2 Episode List of Pretty Little Liars" page bookmarked. In an effort to free up some space in my head, here's a random list of what's swimming around in my brain today:

- While it may seem as though I only watch tv shows geared towards 13 year old fan girls, that's not entirely true. The last two series I watched prior to PLL were Dexter and The Wire, and if you've seen any of either of them, you'll agree that both those series are heavy. Basically, my philosophy is this: for every teenybopper interest I indulge, I try to have 1-2 "adult" interests to counterbalance. A girl's gotsta have a code, ya feel me? (I love Omar. Indeed).

[Source]

- I have half a post written on this already, but some of you know that I was terrified of the dentist for a really long time. It got to the point where I would shake and have honest panic attacks at the mere thought of sitting in a dental chair. For the most part, I got over that three years ago when I found a really great practice through the recommendation of a friend. Sure, I now drive 40 minutes to get there, but I trust these people not to hurt me and they're never judgey, which I've found is key when it comes my healthcare professionals. Anyway, I had a cleaning this morning, and in addition to having no cavities, the entire process took less than a half hour. Floss FTW!

- If you care about pro football, you know that my beloved New England Patriots are taking on the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday in the AFC Championship. I have never denied my love of Tom Brady, both as a player and a hot specimen of man, but I will admit that, for a brief time in 2009, I also held the notion that Joe Flacco was attractive. Then I saw him without his helmet on. YIKES. Aaron Rodgers has since taken up my #2 spot. He's sickly talented, I think he's hot and anyone who gives me an excuse to yell a random catchphrase at inappropriate times is a winner in my book. Discount double-check!

[Source]

- Now that I've made myself sufficiently pink hat-esque, I feel the need to muddy my football credentials even further by saying that I am pulling for a Pats/Giants showdown in the SuperBowl. And it's not even because I'm on some kind of quest for vengeance after 2007 (known in our house as, "The Year The Pats Went 18-0 and They Cancelled the SuperBowl Because They Were Just Too Damn Perfect And Declared Champions". Someone has sour grapes). In addition to my dark college football roots, I have another quick confession to make: I'm not just a Pats fan; I'm also a pseudo-Giants fan. They're my NFC team and I can routinely be found at the bar on Sundays sporting a TB12 jersey with a NYG hat. It's hereditary; my Dad's from Nawth Jerz. To be clear, though -- should this event occur, I'm pulling for my Patsies the entire way. The ENTIRE. WAY!

- Ok, enough football talk. I'm going to be on a train for 8 hours on Monday for business and need some good reads for my Nook. I'm currently trying to figure out wtf is going on in The Night Circus (in a good way), but I'm going to end up finishing it before I leave. I already read The Hunger Games a year ago, I've exhausted Jen Lancaster's library and I sped through Mindy Kaling's musings in two days. What books are you loving lately?

And on that note.... have a great weekend! And GO PATS!

3 comments:

  1. I hope the Pats & the Giants both lose, but don't stop loving me <3
    And did you read Bossy Pants? I'm reading that now and it's haaaalarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I JUST REALIZED I CAN REPLY TO YOUR COMMENT!!! IT'S LIKE BLOGGER CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY!! INTERACTIONS WITH READERS, HERE I COME!

      Ahem.... Anyway... no worries; I still less than three you. And Mac. And Tina Fey.

      Delete
  2. The Hunger Games were fab, along with The Glass Castle. I'm also muddling my way slowly through Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, since it was a book for a class and I actually liked it enough to want to read the whole damn thing.

    ReplyDelete