So here you go.
________________________________________
Currently: On my couch.
Current books: Royal Flush, A Royal Spyness Mystery by Rhys Bowen (don't judge, clowns -- sometimes a lady just needs some fluff reading, amiright?); The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston, M.D. (more on that in a minute).
Current music: The solid 18-hour "We Heart the 90s" playlist that Katie and created on Spotify a few weeks ago.
| Bring me back to TRL, why don't you? |
Current guilty pleasure: The Vampire Diaries. I'm halfway through Season One and, thanks to all of your tweets encouraging me to stick it out, I am finally hooked. Ian Somerhalder can bite me any time.
Current nail color: Naked. I hate having naked nails (I'm a barely reformed biter -- so gross), but it turns out that my funky eye allergies might actually have been caused by polish, so I have to dare to bare for the moment.
Current drink: So much water that I'm surprised I haven't transfigured myself into some kind of marine mammal by now, McGonagall-style. I was a little ... underhydrated?... over the course of the weekend and am playing catchup now.
| Water, water, everywhere.... I've probably managed to drink this much water, yes. |
Current food: Eggs. I can't get enough of them lately. Thankfully, the FDA took them off their shtlist again, but I'm still sticking with 'beaters for the most part (who am I kidding, the only reason I use eggbeaters is because it's too hard to transport and cook real eggs at work!).
Current favorite show: 30 Rock, which Andrew and I started over from the beginning almost immediately after the series finale aired; Pretty Little Liars because the season finale is tonight and there will be hell to pay if they are mirroring the books; Castle because Nathan Fillion is hot; Shark Tank because I have no life and do my long runs on Saturday mornings, so I might as well spend my Friday nights watching poor people squeeze money out of rich people.
Current wish list: So easy -- to go back on vacation! NYC this time around was even more fun than I expected. I've been stalking deal sites to try to plan a quick weekend getaway either with Andrew or one of my gal pals. Any suggestions?
Current needs: The same as last time -- more sleep! I've gotten an exorbitant amount of Zs over the past 36 hours, but I still can't seem to get enough. Also, I need for the two pounds I've jumped up over the past two days to fall back off, because I was all set to add fruit back into my life and now I'm stuck in Phase 1 for an extra two days, courtesy of St. Patrick.
| In case the complexion wasn't enough, I thought I should broadcast my heritage on my shirt. |
Current bane of my existence: Is of my own doing: disorganization. I need like an hour alone with a notebook and a really great pen so that I can make a bunch of lists so I can focus my attention where it needs to be, rather than being distracted by the 40,000 ideas/thoughts floating around my brain.
Current celebrity crush: Rob Thomas. Actually, BOTH Rob Thomases, because I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my beloved Veronica Mars is FINALLY going to receive the ending it deserved.Oh, and Ian Somerhalder, as previously noted... like Chase Crawford, only less cradle-robby.
Current indulgence: 1/2c ricotta cheese with a dash of vanilla extract and a half tablespoon of slivered almonds. I haven't missed dessert once! Also, on a beauty level, I'm considering splurging on this Macadamia Oil that I received in my March Birchbox -- OBSESSED. I've used it twice and both times, even my second-day hair looked like it had been blown out that morning.
| [Source] |
Current slang: Nothing too offensive -- although as I type this, I'm listening to "No Scrubs" by TLC (thank you, 90s playlist), and I really think it's a term that needs to make a comeback. I've noticed a recent uptick in the amount of people attempting to holla at ladies on the street -- they hide under the guise of hipster, but perhaps we should just call them what they are: carless scrubs.
Current outfit: It's a lovely shade of, "wintery mix" here in Boston, so I'm scrubbed out in Forever 21 jeggings, a fuchsia cowl-neck tee, a loooooong drapey sweater and black flats.
Current excitement: Andrew and I are hosting a brunch at our place on Saturday for some friends -- also known as, "the daycation kickoff party." The last time we all daycated, we ended up doing karaoke, so here's hoping the party is the smashing intro everyone hopes it will be!
Current mood: So bummed out about this weather. It's a mood that my baby brother, G-Unit, refers to as, "awww draaaaps!" which Andrew and I appropriated for ourselves because, really, what is funnier than a three-year-old thinking that, "drat" is pronounced, "draps" and then whining it whenever things don't go his way?
Current link: www.newyorker.com -- My stepmother makes fun of my dad and me for reading The New Yorker on a regular basis, but I've been doing it since I was ten and I still maintain that you would be hard-pressed to find a periodical with such consistently provocative, yet well-informed, articles. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment