I DID, however, carry around a little pad of Post-its, so I have a whole list of topics to cover if I ever run out of ideas. Seriously, people, my Posting dashboard looks like a Civil War battlefield of drafts -- little sentences and photos strewn about like limbs and musket balls, all mixed together waiting to be sorted into what's what!
I wish I had more fun stuff to report, but like I said, my life these past three weeks has resembled Groundhog Day: Wake Up. Shower if I'm lucky. Prod B out of bed. Pull together something vaguely resembling an outfit, but more likely consisting of leggings and a giant muumuu (or, alternatively, dress up like a member of the mile high club). Get to work. Edit and proof and type until my eyeballs are the color of beets (bears. beets. battlestar galactica).
![]() |
| [Source] |
Make random word associations and annoy the crap out of my coworkers.
Drag my ass to the gym to either run on the dreadmill or the elliptical of doom. Foam roll because I can't flex my food upwards since my calves are too tight. Take bus while attempting not to decapitate person in front of me with enormous gym bag. Stumble upstairs. Grab leftover container and perch self in nest of blankets on couch with old TV on DVD (coughcoughVERONICAMARScoughcough). Swoon over adorable redhead (coughcoughLOGANECCHOLScoughcough). Drag self to bathroom. Floss. Peel contacts from eyes and pass out cold by 10pm.
I was going to put up yet another apology post, and decided not to. Because I have enough guilt demons to fight as it is, and I started TCE as a means of working on getting PAST them, not creating even more! So while I do wish I had been able to get the regularly scheduled Confession up, I'm not sorry that I took the bit of extra time I had, after three weeks of grant hell, to curl up with Gilmore Girls Season 5, a furry blanket and a 12-er of Harpoon IPA. Besides, B was starting to forget what I look like, and if I am ever planning to achieve my goal of NOT becoming a Bridget Jones-style spinster cat lady, keeping him entertained is pretty high on my list of obligations! ;)
So, rather than say I'm sorry for not updating you all with my latest scandalous/awkward/ridiculous confession, I want to say thanks for checking back and reading! My girl, Oprah, sums it up best:
Thanks for sticking with me! Feel free to "Follow" on the right side of the blog if you want; I promise to try to keep up with my regular blogging schedule but, in the event that I get busy living life lessons and avoiding becoming dull, that will let you know when I re-emerge! (And I always re-emerge).
XOXO,
Caitie



No comments:
Post a Comment