RIP
Inspiron 1100
September 2003-March 2011
![]() |
| [Source] |
I'm really going to miss you, Inspy. You got me through the best of times and the worst of times, through sickness (remember the menengitis-just-kidding-it's-allergies incident?) and in health, from the time I began college until I gave up internet when I moved into the studio. You were there through 30-page term papers, the advent of Facebook, the compilation of an epic iTunes library, and the beginning of my work-study when I tried to learn the ins and outs of tech support (Oh, sweet irony!).
![]() |
| I'll miss you, dear friend! |
And now, I bid you adieu.
Unless, of course, I can get you to stop showing the screen for 3 seconds and then immediately blacking out. If you can do that, my friend, we are back in business! I am totally open to resuming this dysfunctional relationship at a later date, should you feel so inclined.
So, tell me: have you ever had to bid farewell to a treasured item? When did you get your very own computer (presuming you have one)? If I decide to get another laptop, what kind should I get (I have a desktop, but B and I have neither cable nor internet at home, because we're cheap mofos like that.)?


The closest equivalent to this that I have is when my camera was stolen from my apartment while a realtor was showing it to potential renters/thieves. Truly. Stole my camera with all of my pictures, as well as my quarters for laundry. Heartless asshats.
ReplyDeleteI got my computer where I get everything else...Target! I'm a cheap lady. I hear Dells are good. Not sure how expensive they are.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Melissa! I had a Dell (the dead one), and they get a worse rap than they deserve, imho. When I worked in tech support, we only supported Dells and Macs (contracts through the University), but I only ever worked on Dells. I always tell people to fork over the cash for the extended warranty, but have always had good experiences with them! I'm thinking that since I have a desktop, I might just get a crappy little mini notebook that I can take with me to steal wifi from coffeeshops (since we, ya know, don't have internetz and whatnot).
ReplyDeleteSorry your computer died. :( That being said, your posts never fail to literally make me laugh out loud, due to your writing style...and I definitely once had the same computer :)
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Errign! I'm always happy to provide a laugh :)
ReplyDelete