Anyway, since I will be dining with my good blog pals Stephanie and Ashleigh later tonight and the topic of blog slacking with undoubtedly come up, I thought I would take a cue from Steph's Random Wednesday posts and take this time to discuss all of the nonsequitorial thoughts roaming about my brain of late.
For instance:
- After a year of trying to disconnect from the universe at large, this whole "no laptop" thing is beginning to seriously grate on my nerves. So much so, in fact, that as I was walking to the bus last night, I very nearly walked into Best Buy and handed the computer nerd my Visa with instructions to give me anything under $500 with MS Office pre-installed. I know I should have just bitten the bullet already, but what with my well-earned reputation as a miser, I wanted to wait awhile to see how badly I thought I actually needed a laptop before shelling out the dough for a new one -- especially when I technically have a working desktop at home (though I'm pretty sure it dates back to the Paleolithic Era). As it turns out, I DO actually need one, for my sanity if nothing else. And so, the search for a new laptop begins.
- On a related note, I've had SO. VERY. MANY. THOUGHTS. swirling around in my brain recently and all that I can think is that I wish I had the time/means to just sit and write them out. One of the best things anyone has ever said to me was my therapist in college telling me that she felt like I was pretty good at working things out on my own and that she merely served as a sounding board for me to organize my thoughts. I do seem to have an innate ability to remove myself from almost every situation and look at it rationally from other points of view; the problem is that I end up with so many varied perspectives that I get overwhelmed with the possible resolutions. There are a select few very close friends who can handle hearing me out without thinking I'm a total lunatic, but let's be real, not many of them have the hours of time it takes to just listen to me talk it out. In the absence of a professional being paid to do just that, I've found that writing it out serves as a passable substitute. I just never have the time to actually do it!
- Speaking of close friends, one of my oldest and bestest is turning the big 27 in just two days. I'd post for her then, except, let's be real here, we all know that as soon as I say I'm going to post something, I go AWOL for a month. If it makes you all feel any better, I'm like this in real life, too, which I have been recently working on. So let's just all say, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JWOO*!" together. It has been THIRTEEN long years that we have known each other, and it seems like just yesterday we were marketing weight-loss breath mints to our freshman Economics class, lusting over Paul Walker and Josh Jackson in The Skulls and commentating on the rapidly dropping price of cantaloupe. Cheers to another thirteen and many more! (*I've been calling her JWoo since the days of JLo and JNCOs, so BACK OFF, JWoww).
![]() |
| The difference six years makes |
- It's actually sort of funny, this new coffee-hoarding habit of mine, because I never drank coffee until I started working in my current position. I survived countless all-nighters and mornings-after in college solely on the wonderful chemical cocktail that is TAB Energy or Mountain Dew Code Red (Do those things even still exist? I assume the FDA has banned them for, you know, packing enough caffeine/carbs to make a pachyderm's pupils dilate). Then I got my
That's all I've got for now, folks!


No comments:
Post a Comment