As a direct result of this purchase, you might have noticed a (very) mild uptick in my posting "schedule". I use that term loosely, as it's obviously less of a schedule and more of a, "post when the mood strikes"-type routine, but I have been trying to post something --anything!-- at least once a week. This has been a bit of an unusual summer, family-wise, but one of my goals for the next few months is to really spruce up ye olde blog; a redesign, better photos and, with any luck, more consistent content. I tend to write the way I talk, and if any of you have met me in person, you know that I find it extremely hard to pin down a single thought for very long. I loathe the term "word vomit," but there isn't really a more accurate description for what ends up coming out of my mouth (or, in this case, on the screen).
I've been doing a lot of thinking, though, and I believe I can pigeonhole the subjects that most excite me into three main categories: anecdotes, reviews and editorials. Still rather broad, as potential subject matter goes, but I'm hoping to fine-tune my focus as I streamline the blog.
Which leads me to my next point: if you haven't noticed already (and really, why would you?), I finally decided that my domain name is worth the investment, so you can now find me at thecaitieexperiment[dot]com (don't worry if you have the old address bookmarked; it's an auto-redirect).
To complete my little 21st century coming-of-age, I am happy to report that after three distraction-free years, I finally caved and agreed to cable and internet at home. I'd like to pretend that it had to do with going back to school, taking an online workshop or some other worthwhile pursuit, but let's be real here: the City of Boston cut everyone's free basic cable (and therefore my ability to watch NBC), the Olympics start on Friday and as a total sports junkie, I am glued to the Games every second I get. It was only a matter of time before someone called Comcast (to his credit, that someone was Andrew).

On a (marginally) related note, I had a strange but fabulous dream last night, in which I was somehow an alternate on the US Olympic swim team. Michael Phelps was nowhere to be seen, but Ryan Lochte was a perfect gentleman. For the record, I was Team Phelps for Beijing because, well, HISTORY and all that! But I was pro-Lochte all through the trials four years ago and I am rooting for him now (as are most American women and, I assume, women of the world, at least according to every Olympic magazine cover on the stands and Ralph Lauren himself). I would like Phelps to win a few golds so he gets his record, of course, and I suspect that he will... but watching Lochte try to beat him (and the rest of the pool) should provide some much needed excitement to the next few weeks.
I can't decide what this says about me, but it's very likely that the combination of these two things (the laptop and the Olympics) will be the highlight of an otherwise tame summer. That, and getting to visit an apothecary because the steroid gel I was Rxed for my ankle is apparently harder to find than Antipholus. I'm a simple person, really.
Now that I have resorted to Shakespeare humor, I shall take my leave on this note, which I found on my Wise Women Quote of the Day Calendar:
"Let the world know who you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where will you be?" ~ Fanny Brice
No comments:
Post a Comment