... is at the bottom of a bottle of tequila.
And on that note, hola!*
Today is one of those days where everything feels just the slightest bit ... off. Not only do I feel a tad fuzzy in the brain (must be the wrackspurts), but I keep going to set things down and winding up a centimeter or two off from wherever I was intending them to be. And by that I mean I almost fell out of my chair at work because I misjudged the distance to it and, well, I think we all know what I'm capable of under these circumstances.
All Harry Potter references aside, my inability to get out of bed this morning might be the cause of this brain fog, since I was intent on ignoring my 5:30 alarm, my 6:00 alarm before finally, at 6:45, dragging my carcass out of bed. You might have picked up on the fact that I just said 5:30 alarm... and yes, I meant 5:30am, rather than its glorious, happy-hour-inducing counterpart, 5:30pm. I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, so I thought I'd try to take advantage of this nuisance and attempt to transition into a morning person for the 393rd time. Monday I was up and driving home from the Cape by 5:30 and yesterday I was awake at the same ungodly hour, even managing to squeeze in a killer arms workout before seven. Aside from the delayed-onset muscle soreness currently radiating through my phalanges, I didn't even hate it (that much).
As usual, though, I stayed up too late last night doing really important stuff (like finishing Season 1 of Game of Thrones and working on a few book reviews). As a result, I broke my two-day streak of waking with the roosters and slept in.
Oh well. As Scarlett says, "tomorrow is another day."
*Fun fact about yours truly: I took three years of Spanish in high school, but to get credit toward my college language requirement, I needed to take a competency/placement exam at freshman orientation. I was feeling lazy that day, and for that reason, I opted to skip out on the test and instead registered for a full year of Latin. I loved it so much that I continued on with it after that mandatory year and finished four credits shy of a Latin minor, which comes in handy more often than one would think. Semper ubi sub ubi.
Any post with a Harry Potter reference is definitely okay in my book. That said, I am firmly one of those annoying morning people - always have been. Good luck with making the transition, I find not allowing the snooze at all is best, along with putting your alarm clock across the room so you have to get up to turn it off really helps.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Errign, I've been trying the "no snooze" approach and it really does help! As for Harry Potter references, I can keep them comin' all day long. It's a sickness, really... ;)
Delete