Thursday, August 2, 2012

Random Thoughts Thursday

As usual, I am in need of a brain dump. You lucky people get to reap the rewards. The comments and photos about to follow don't have anything to do with one another aside from the fact that they germinated on my way in to work this morning. Don't say I didn't warn you.

- I really need to get back on the ball with socializing with other people. This summer has just been so crazy and out of the ordinary and between work, PT, family obligations and trying to maintain some semblance of health in my life, I've kind of let Operation: Social Network fall by the wayside. I've gotten to that point where if I don't have somewhere to be, I prefer to just stay at home in my air conditioned apartment with a book, trashy tv and a glass of wine. Even Google Reader has contributed to my laziness; I find myself thinking, "I have to remember to comment on so-and-so's post!" and then forgetting to do it. I've been making an effort with The Twitter the past week or so, but rest assured, I'm still reading.

Sunset Cruise on Boston Harbor. Not all work is bad work.
- Andrew and I have been getting really jazzed about craft beer lately. Our new weekend ritual is to grab brunch, head to the packie and spend a good 15 minutes browsing the craft beer selection. We usually buy one or two and share, swapping notes and opinions on our favorites. I'm currently really digging the Slumbrew Rising Sun. Sadly, all of this beer sampling is not particularly friendly to the waistline, so I've been switching over to soda water and lime once we finish the good stuff. How is it that we can put a man on the moon but we can't make light beer that doesn't taste like crap? It's 2012. Get with the times, brewers.

My favorite place to enjoy a beverage or two.

- Save for a brief year or two in my late teens, I have long lamented the fact that I am built like a linebacker. Watching the female swimmers and gymnasts compete, I've decided it's about time I embrace the fact that my shoulders don't slope downward, and as such have vowed to get my arms back in shape. I freely admit I've slacked on strength these past few years, so I bumped the wussy 3-lb weights I've been using for my scattered arm routines up to Andrew's 8 pounders. It's only been three days and I have to do a lot of modifications because my stupid foot is all delicate and can't bear too much weight yet, but I am sore so I choose to think it's working already.

Sunset on the Oak Bluffs Harbor
 - I had yet another bizarre Olympics dream last night. I don't really remember specifics other than I was a special agent charged with saving Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte from... something. I'm not exactly sure what (screaming fan girls, perhaps?). I can report that in my dream world, Michael is very sweet and secretly boy-next-door, the super athlete who enjoys a good hand-written letter. Ryan is like that popular guy in your class who is good looking enough to only date Plastics, but goofy and laid-back enough that every nerd is crushing on him, too. Unfortunately, I woke up before I completed my mission. Regardless, let's just say it was like 24 but with a way better view.

- Why don't I listen to the 90s Summer Playlist Pandora station more often?!

Well, that rounds up this installment of, "Random Thoughts Thursday," which is in itself random because, well, it's not an actual feature, just some rambling I needed to get out of my head.

I hope everyone's day is a bit more focused than mine!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, the summer playlists on pandora are the bomb dot com! Also, I love to get my arm workout on, but I am so lazy about it.

    ReplyDelete