Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Intriguing Life, Version 1.9.2013

Yesterday on my lunch break I was catching up on my Google Reader and came across this fun little survey, courtesy of Erin. With nothing better to do with my time than pick out each grain of rice and eat them individually, I decided to stimulate my brain cells and give it a whack. This was the result:
 _________________________________________________
Currently: On my lunch break.

Current books: I'm hardly ever reading only a single book at a time. Right now, I'm at various points of progress in Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (Nook); When Men Become Gods: Mormon Polygamist Warren Jeffs, His Cult of Fear and the Women Who Fought Back by Stephen Singular (good ol' fashioned hardcover) and Animal Farm by George Orwell.

Current music: In an effort to work more mindless exercise into my day, I've been walking the two miles to work each day. As such, I've been jamming to older iPod tunes,which have been making me laugh uncontrollably mid-jaunt. Today's surprise hit was "Girl on TV" by LFO (Shoobie-do-wop and Scooby snacks!)

Current guilty pleasure: ZOMG GUYZ PRETTY LITTLE LIARS COMES BACK TONIGHT!! (Forever fifteen at heart; what can I say?)

Current nail color: I always forget the real name, but it's silver by Sally Hanson Hard As Nails and I am obsessed with it. Related: I am also obsessed with peeling it off.

Current drink: A mixture of two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.

Current food: Steel-cut oatmeal, soups and salads.

Current favorite show: As mentioned here, Parks and Recreation. Six episodes in a row last night WAS NOT ENOUGH. I seriously thought Andrew was going to be asphyxiated when Andy got his hand stuck in a jar of marshmallow fluff. He laughed that hard.

Current wish list:Oh, boy. See, I'm in the middle of a Financial Fast, so I can't spend any money all month on anything that isn't physically or medically necessary. I'm not even supposed to window shop or use gift cards. Obviously, my wish list is pretty long at this point. Two things I plan to purchase as soon as Feb 1 rolls around? A new pair of running tights and a manicure.

Current needs: More sleep. Downton set a terrible pace for my week (arguably because I had saved the final 2.5 episodes of Season 2 to watch right before the premiere, leaving me with a 5 hour Crawley bender on Sunday night). If I'm not in bed by 10pm on weeknights, I am a disaster the following day. I'm old.

Current triumphs: I ran 5.2 miles on Saturday. I kept trying to pass that damn snail, but he really made me work for it at the end, little bastard. (Seriously, though, after last, injury-plagued year, this was a huge achievement for me).

Current bane of my existence: Dieting. I went through a whole life phase where I insisted that "it's a lifestyle not a diet" but then I gained back 25 pounds and, well, forget that. Let's call a spade a spade.

Current celebrity crush: Adam Scott (hilarious for a few reasons, one of which only my closest friends know), followed by Tom Brady. Don't ever accuse me of having "a type."

Current indulgence: Skinny Cow Swirl Sandwiches, tied with my new discount vino of choice, Apothic Red.

Current blessing: Too many to count. A fabulous circle of friends and family is at the top, though.

Current slang: I am, embarrassingly enough, a sponge when it comes to slang. The latest offense is, "Solid." As in:
Friend: Oh, what did you do this weekend?
Me: Absolutely nothing. You?
Friend: Went out for sushi, partied hard all night then slounged around watching football all day.
Me: ::nodding approvingly:: Solid. (UGH!)

Current outfit: Nothing special. Grey dress pants, magenta cowl neck top, black cardi and infinity scarf

Current excitement: THE NHL LOCKOUT IS OVVVERRRR!! Bring on the Bruins!

Current mood: Bored and annoyed. Hoping a spin class will knock it outta me!

Current link: thoughtcatalog.com, which the fabulous Steph got me into a few months back. OBSESSED.

___________________________________

Such an intriguing life I do lead. Regardless, my lunch break is over, so back to the salt mines I go. Have a fab day, folks!

PS- I promise to start using pictures again soon!

2 comments:

  1. So one of my new things has been actually spending time on my nails and making it a quality effort. They look so nice for three or four days then when I'm bored at work, I'll start peeling it off. Annnnnd I just moved so I have no clue where any of my three nail polish removers are and I'm too cheap to buy another one for $2 since I know I have enough. My nails look ghetto until I pack this wk.

    And hockey? I'm excited! Being from FL I never watched hockey but bf plays it and he is geeked for games to start. I go and watch his adult league but they don't fight so I'm looking forward to the real thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tendency to peel off nail polish too, but then I started getting gel manicures and realized I was peeling off $30. That was the end of that!

    Your reads make mine feel silly. I'm in the middle of a couple of books that could all pass for a 13-year-olds book shelf. :)

    ReplyDelete