Priorities. I got 'em in spades.
Adequate amounts of chardonnay and malbec safely procured, I was free to go about my planned evening of self-indulgence. Andrew had plans with his marginally competitive
Naturally, my evening included a glass of chard in the shower, a plate of cheese and turkey pepperoni for dinner and a television event that I have been dreading for weeks: the series finale of Gossip Girl.
I'm not going to get into my thoughts on the finale today because I need more time to process it. I know I had already shed tears by the 15-minute mark, and that Andrew came home to find me sobbing into my pillow because 1) I accidentally knocked my Nook off my bedside table and now it looks like an Etch-a-Sketch and 2) some things just need to be wailed about ad nauseum ("BUT XYZ IS GOSSIP GIIIRRRLLL!"). Suffice to say I haven't mourned the end of a show that was already off the air so much since Veronica Mars.
This morning, I got up, got dressed and headed to the office, because apparently science is like the US Postal Service of the STEM sector and doesn't believe in inclement weather. Since I walked to work (because cardio, duh!), I made sure to forgo my usual Michelle Obama-worthy peacoat and went with my trusty Columbia -- it might be almost ten years old, but that baby blue beast and I have been through a lot together (see: tubing, accident while) and I have yet to find another article of clothing that can keep me warm in single-digit windchill.
But I digress.
To all of my friends and readers in the Northeast -- may you be blessed with the essentials (warm shelter, electricity, food, water and no significant damage to your property/home) and the comforts (wine, cable, netflix, wine, board games, books, wine) that make for a positive blizzard experience. Batten down those hatches and stay warm!

Alright, happy to hear that I'm not the only one who loves snow (can't say I love blizzards because I've never been through one but I'm sure I would love ....I do know for a fact I love Dairy Queen blizzards). Maybe it's the lazy girl in me because if it's bad out, I can lounge around in my pjs all day watching either bad movies or entire seasons of shows and eat comfort food. Unfortunately like you, my work doesn't believe in inclement weather and I have to find a way to get there if it's bad (thank you Denver public transportation!!).
ReplyDeleteAlso, Malbec and Chard? Nicely done. I now want that and a pepperoni and cheese platter.
Girlfriend, you MUST experience a blizzard -- I hear Denver gets walloped every few years or so, but that you guys are lucky since the average temp is pretty mild, so it melts quickly. Also, I, too, can appreciate a good DQ blizzard. I will trade you my pepperoni, cheese, malbec and chard for one Hawaiian blizzard, extra pecans.
Delete