I know I've gone dark the past few weeks and (hopefully) it's understandable why.... even though it has been almost two weeks, I still haven't figured out a way to appropriately articulate what I want to say and in the meantime, it feels weird to write about my opinion of Justin Bieber's pet monkey and how addicted I recently became to The Vampire Diaries.
I've received a few emails and tweets from people wondering about my safety, though, so I wanted to check in and assure everyone that yes, I am safe and well, as are all of my friends and family members. I was at a watch party a few miles away waiting for a good friend of mine to run by when my cell phone started buzzing out of control. My friend made it to mile 25, her family and all my other friends running are all safe and sound, and for that I am so supremely thankful.
If you've lived in Boston for awhile, though, you know that despite it's status as a major city, it can feel very small. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that it seems like everyone knows someone who knows someone who was directly impacted by this despicable, heartbreaking act of hatred, and that most of us, in our heart of hearts, are now intimately acquainted with the words, "what if...". It's going to take some time to wrap our heads around that, and for me personally to finish thanking my lucky stars not only that my Boston family is safe, but that my Texas one is, as well.
And so, for the interim, I'm taking a little break to gather my thoughts, re-prioritize my life and (hopefully) get back into the writing mood. In the meantime, I hope you're all taking the opportunity to sniff the flowers, savor the sunshine and be thankful for the little things in life.
Because they are the most important.
No comments:
Post a Comment