Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My Intriguing Life: 8.13.13 and Ornery Edition

Time for another edition of My Intriguing Life! See earlier versions here, here,  and here.  So without further ado....
_______________________________________________________________
Currently: In the WORST MOOD EVER!!!

Current books: Nook: A Duty to the Dead by Charles Todd. Paperback: Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin as my beach book, as well as On Writing by the venerable Stephen King when I'm feeling something a little heftier.

Current music: I was making an I Go Back playlist on Spotify and, while adding the song that started this whole series, I got sidetracked by the collected works of Savage Garden. Let's be real here; though "Truly, Madly, Deeply" definitely evokes the strongest emotions of all, the entire Savage Garden tracklisting hearkens back to 7th grade and immediately leaves me angsty and craving a Surge.

Or a Krispy Kreme
Current guilty pleasure: Aside from the above, I think I have to go with Pretty Little Liars on this one. The show has gotten downright ridiculous over the last two seasons but I just can't seem to quit it. I actually tried, skipping last week and this week (because I was at the gym... who am I?), but I kept seeing all these tweets on Tuesday night and then my friend told me Tuesday's episode was loaded and... I obviously went home and immediately caught up. And while I am completely loathe to admit this and will likely hate myself for it, I have a feeling I'm going to get sucked into Ravenswood in the fall. Because, like, clues, y'know?

Current nail color: My fingernails (what's left of them, anyway) are currently nude as always. Toes, on the other hand, are a kind of red-orangey hue. I really need a pedicure, but the last time I went the lady went a little wild with the pumice stone, so I'm nervous to go back. Mama didn't earn these calluses overnight!

Current drink: Water, water, water, water. I realized over the weekend that aside from coffee and tea, I don't really drink anything that isn't either water or some sort of boozy beverage. Thankfully, those two are symbiotic in nature.

Current food: I've been digging plain yogurt lately. Before anyone starts in or makes a gagging motion, please note that I happen to like the taste of sour cream, so that comparison is lost on me. Also, I've discovered that if you mix in a tablespoon or so of Jay Robb's vanilla whey protein, it tastes like boxed cake mix straight from the bowl. This is a concept I can get behind. Add a scoop of peanut butter and I'm there.

Obviously not the exact breakfast mentioned above, but taking a new picture seemed like work.
Current favorite show: Still slowly purchasing all of last season of The Vampire Diaries and Andrew and I are almost done with the latest season of Arrested Development. I started Scandal awhile back and only made it two episodes, but I was hooked and can tell that it will be my new guilty pleasure once I finish up TVD. LASTLY, because I don't spend enough time sitting on my rear, we're also watching John Adams. I've already seen it, but Andrew is a giant history nerd and hasn't, so there you go.

Current wish list: For all of the stuff on my To Do list to do themselves. And for the fire alarm to stop going off.

Current needs: I can't even answer this question right now. Everything. Nothing. I don't know. 
Current triumphs: I managed to run 7 miles on Saturday morning, in brand new, NEUTRAL-GAIT shoes, and my ankle doesn't feel like it's going to crack in half. Sure, my calves are more sore than usual and my IT bands have been recently discovered, but the point is that I'm finally running in a shoe that is NORMAL! (sort of. I still have a custom-fit orthotic in it, but that's neither here nor there). The true test will come this weekend, when I attempt to double-digit in them. I did ten a few weeks ago in my old shoes, and that was the nail in the coffin for my beloved Sauconys. Almost every distance runner I know swears by Brooks or Asics, so despite the Ravennas-that-ruined-my-race-season, I'm giving Brooks another go. Ghost 6s, don't fail me now!


Current bane of my existence: The universe. I'm not exactly a super-positive person on my best day, but there's a good chance I am going to earn my spot in hell for the commentary I've been making this morning (both inner and outer running monologues).

Current celebrity crush: I don't know if I've ever disclosed the full extent of my teenage obsession with celebrity crushes, but let's just say that at one point, my BFF and I had a website dedicated solely to cataloging photos and facts about men ranging from "the kid standing next to Ryan Merriman in Smart House" to Michael Jordan. Want to know how deep this mental funk I'm in goes? I CANNOT THINK OF A SINGLE CELEBRITY CRUSH RIGHT NOW. I'm pretty sure if I had Ryan Gosling in front of me, Crazy, Stupid, Love-style, I'd manage to look at him, say, "meh," and go faceplant into a bowl of Cheez-Doodles. THAT, my friends, is a dark, dark place to be, indeed.

Current indulgence: Iced coffee.

Current blessing: That this mood will pass. I don't know when or how, but something is going to break it. Even if that something is the Broadway channel on Pandora. Because I will go there, folks -- do not test me.

Current slang: None. Although if darling heart Andrew says the word, "terri" for "terrible," one more time, I cannot guarantee that you won't spot me on the 10pm news.

Current outfit: Black capris that are 1.5 sizes too large, a silver tank that somehow makes me look like I weigh 400 pounds, a black cropped jacket and my running shoes, because I thought it was high time I fulfill my fantasy of becoming one of those soccer moms on the subway. H-O-T hot!

Current excitement: It's 10:40am, which means there are ~7.25 hours until I can get back into bed and hibernate.

Current mood: 
[Source]

Current link: My friend Katie's blog, because she has had to put up with my incessant whiny, terrible, I'm-Going-To-Hell-style Gchats all morning long.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, the main part of this post that I'm taking away is "Cheez-Doodles," as in "I would eat all of them in all of the world right now nomnomnom."

    Do with that what you will, my friend.

    ReplyDelete