A few weeks ago, Caitlin over and Done and Done did a link-up with 10 Questions that were based on your musical tastes. I, of course, filled out the questions and then promptly forgot to turn it in to a post. Since I am currently busy ripping my hair out over a deadline, I thought I'd post the answers anyway for your reading pleasure.
1. Do you listen to the radio in your car? If so, what type of station do you like?
Absolutely. My pre-sets are: Kiss 108 (though I routinely want to bitchslap Matty in the Morning, so it's off-limits until noon), Jamn 94.5 (Ramiro has a really hot voice), 98.5 The Sports Hub (Toucher and Rich on SWOOOOOOLE!), Country 102.5 (NH hick, remember?), Magic 106.7 (It's like a box of chocolates, seriously) and Oldies 103.3 (which is, sadly, edging ever-closer to being renamed, "Music of My Youth".)
2. What is the best concert you have ever attended?
I've been to a LOT of concerts, and I think my fave is a tie between Justin Timberlake with Timbaland and P!nk (swoon), Brad Paisley (dude. can. SHRED on that guitar) and Elton John/Billy Joel at Gillette Stadium (LEGENDARY!).
3. What is the most embarrassing concert you have ever attended?
I think that would have to be another toss up... 3 Below/No Authority and LFO are both up there. I'm also embarrassed to admit that I've seen Dave Matthews 4 (or 5?) times, because it's such a high school/college cliche that I grew out of as soon as I turned 21.
4. If you could have the singing voice of anyone in the world, who would it be?
Josh Turner. I kid; I kid. Carrie Underwood, hands down. Young Mariah Carey would be a close second, though girlfriend can STILL rock it, as evidenced by last year's Christmas Special.
5. You’re auditioning for American Idol. What song do you sing?
"Somethin' to Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt OR "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret, although I would obviously NEVER attempt to either get on AI or take on Liza if I did. I can't even imagine the hate mail that would induce. I'd have to get a killer security system.
6. If your previous weekend had its own soundtrack, what would be a few of the songs?
Hahahaha this past weekend was a bit on the ridiculous side... "Out Last Night" by Kenny Chesney, "Alcohol" by Brad Paisley, "We Are the Champions" by Queen and possibly "Happy Birthday," even though it was no one's birthday.
7. Most annoying television show theme song ever:
If the theme to "Elmo's World" doesn't make you want to kick daisies, and you are over the age of 3, I don't think I want to be your friend, as you are of questionable moral judgment and annoyance level.
8. Are you and your significant other music-compatible?
Yes, in the fact that we both have very eclectic tastes in music. He, however, has a fondness for rock (is AC/DC, etc. considered rock?) that I do not share, and he in turn tolerates my ability to sing every lyric to every boy band song ever produced.
9. A song that brings me back to middle school:
Pshhh -- I went to junior high, not middle school, and "Country Grammar" by Nelly and, of course, "Truly, Madly, Deeply" by Savage Garden.
10. A song that brings me back to high school:
Anything by Matchbox 20 or Dave Matthews Band.
11. A guilty pleasure song (or three):
"Baby" by The Biebs is my Power Song on my long runs. I wish I were lying.
"I'm Too Sexy" -- the Chipmunk Dance Remix.
"Crazy Bitch" by Buck Cherry isn't really a guilty pleasure, but it doesn't really match up with what most people have come to expect of my musical tastes!
Bonus: Andrew's are "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" by Britney Spears, "Beautiful Disaster" by Kelly Clarkson, and his #1 favorite song of all time is "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey, which he will jam out to if you put it on in July.
Pick a question (or two!) and answer it in the comments!
Also, now that Katie has finished reading it, I'm hoping to get my review of The Hunger Games trilogy up at some point this week. :)
You may tell Andrew that Beautiful Disaster is a kick ass song and he should not be ashamed.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Savage Garden is, like, so 1999 ;)
one of my life goals is to see Billy Joel/Elton John in concert. It will happen.
ReplyDeleteOh it will happen.