Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Confessional: Sometimes I Shake My Fist, Instead of My Ass

Ok, let's cut to the chase. It's Friday. On Fridays, we wear pink confess our deepest, darkest, most embarrassing thoughts, obsessions and musings. 

So, today, I do hereby solemnly confess:

I don't have a confession for you....
 ... because Blogger ate my confession.  

I.

Am.

BEYOND.

PISSED!*


I had a seriously tongue-in-cheek confession about the wonders of oatmeal to share today --- and then Blogger died for nearly an entire 24 hours and, despite hitting "SAVE" multiple times as I drafted it yesterday (right before Blogger died), it appears that it's now gone.

And then I cried and died a little inside.

Because I don't have the time or creative juice today to re-write it.

I mean come on.

What is this, LiveJournal?!

It was a good post, too.

It was funny. I promise you that.

It was heavily influenced by writers like Tina Fey and Jen Lancaster, because I've had my  nose plastered to BossyPants and Bright Lights, Big Ass for the past week.

RATS!!!!

I was really looking forward to the trove of haters who were sure to comment/email me about how much I suck because adding chia seeds to their oatmeal has forever changed their lives and HOW DARE I poke fun at bloggers roughly 3043 skabajillion times more successful that I will ever be.

I was also looking forward to amusing all of you as I documented the moment of realization when I discovered that I am getting way too old and am losing it, because, despite being both victim and perpetrator numerous times immediately post-college and beyond, it took me telling Andrew about that random coworker email to realize the truth:


I got Rickrolled.

[Source]

Dammit all.

I should have known this would happen when, within 10 minutes of figuring out it's Friday the 13th, I went to grab my contact solution and made this happen:

I enjoy both running AND relaxing on shards of glass, DON'T YOU?!

Mother. Lover.

*Kindly refrain from pointing out that if I had internet at home, and didn't rely on hotspots/sketchy connections to update, I could have drafted on a desktop client instead of relying on the host site to actually "save now" when I, you know, hit "Save now." All 3,000 times.


*This post brought to you by #WhiteGirlProblems.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so annoyed with blogger. White girl problems!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. So. Annoyed. But about as WGP and narcissistic as it can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek, I hate when posts don't save! I did however, enjoy the white girl problems shout out! :) If you shall ever like to rewrite your amusing & fabulous oatmeal post, I'm ready to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have random fears that Wordpress is going to eat my entire blog and all will be lost to the cyber universe forever. Such positive thinking, I know. Perhaps I should you know, back up my work?

    ReplyDelete