Tuesday, May 24, 2011

On Writing

Some days,
   Some ways,
     Do you ever
              Just feel
                     ...right?

Obviously, there's a reason I don't Tumbl -- I feel like, at the moment, when it comes to very short works, Twitter is enough --- but the one thing I really want to do, more than anything else in the world, especially these days, is to write. And no, I don't mean blog. And I don't mean scribble. I mean actually, for the first time since college, to sit, and sip and click and clack and sip some more.

Free from expectations.

Free of narratives, both in my head and of my life.

Free of the pressure of a best-seller; from the need to make it all seem crazy, wild, larger than life.

Free to make things up, without repercussions.

Free to say them out loud.

Or not.

To share, and dream, and discover, even if it's just with a simple black cursor.

No photos, please.

Just 65 keys.

And 26 letters.

All scrambled and twisted and re-worked again, into something that takes on a life of its own.

That's all I want.

And it's what I need.

Now, about that damn laptop...

1 comment:

  1. I get in that mood too. I keep a Word document called "journal" that I type into when that feeling strikes. It's filled with things that will never be on the internet or in a letter. It's like my little diary :)

    ReplyDelete