Wednesday, May 25, 2011

C is for Caitie (That's Good Enough For Me)!

(Yes, as a child, my mother taught me to sing the Cookie Monster song with my own name embedded into it. This is why, this is why I'm slightly chubby hot!)

As I sat here this morning, knowing I wanted to write a new post but not entirely sure about what, I was morning blog-stalking on my coffee break and came across Errign's fun food questionnaire! I thought it looked more interesting than the usual chain emails I sent at age 12 (A/S/L?), so here ya go: 
 
A is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety? Ouch, a heartbreaker from the beginning -- I actually suffer from Oral Allergy Syndrome with respect to most pit/core fruits (apples, pears, plums, nectarines, apricots, etc... plus a "true" peach allergy!), and haven't been able to eat them raw for the past 5 years without having my lips/throat swell into this horrible itchy rash. I used to eat a Red Delicious every day for lunch, though!
B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of? Banana bread -- LOVE it!
C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!) Currently- Cheerios!  
D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy? I was JUST discussing this with Andrew at Dunks this morning -- not a big donut eater, but I love all Munchkins except jelly, and DD french cruellers and blueberry cake are both fab, too!
E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared? Scrambled with cheese or in an omelet. My dad gave himself salmonella poisoning about 15 years ago by eating a "dippy" egg he made and we almost lost him -- internal hemorrhaging is NOT worth it to me!
F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product? There was once a time in my life when I would brag about the amount of Fat Free staples in my diet -- I can't believe I was pumped to eat the processed plastic known as FF cheese or Ranch ::shudder:: -- so my fave FF product now? Either 0% Greek yogurt (I like 2% better, though, but we normally only have 0 at work) or VEGETABLES.
G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at? Ugh, this question makes my heart hurt!! When I'm "at home" (meaning where I grew up), it's Hannaford's ALL THE WAY. I love that place! Here in Boston, I hit up Star Market and Stop n Shop for staples, and Trader Joe's and Whole Foods for "random things" (they're my local markets, believe it or not!). And the Farmer's Markets for produce!
H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?Coffee.
I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping. M&Ms are my FAVORITE topping. Oh, wait, I need ice cream to go under them? Mint Chocolate Oreo, plain Oreo, Mint Chocolate Chip, and plain Chocolate (but only from Friendly's). I don't discriminate (except against Strawberry. Ewwwww.).
J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor? Strawberry and blueberry are my favorites -- my MIL cans her own sometimes. SO. GOOD!
K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?TLC bars!
L: is for Lunch, what was yours today? Um, it's 10am, and I came to work sans lunch so... likely it will be either a 6-in veggie delight with all the veggies except olives and hots, or a Boloco cajun minibowl, brown rice and all-white chicken, please!
M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack? Breakfast sausages, the disgusting, processed, frozen kind. No shame. Followed closely by bagel bites. Sue me.
N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best? Fats, for sure. The reason my cholesterol is so perfect but my weight is still high is because I love, love, LOVE good fats and use them all the time!
O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use? Extra virgin olive and coconut, usually.
P: is for protein, how do you get yours? DAIRY -- my parents had to buy a gallon of milk PER DAY to keep the 5 of us in milk as kids -- a lot more beans since the Veg Challenge, chickpeas, hummus, edamame, and lean meats.
Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats? Overnight and in a jar.
R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?POTATOES. Sweet, russet and onions all on one pan, drizzled with EVOO, sprinkled with salt and pepper and tossed in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind? The #13 at Rusillo's in West Caldwell, NJ... "grilled chicken with fresh mozz, arugala and roasted red peppers with balsamic vinaigrette."  TO DIE FOR. No one knows subs like the Dirty Jerz.
T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling? Totally on the fly -- if I'm traveling, it's a vacation, and I'm eating what I want within reason, since I'm usually late and hauling ass between terminals and burning calories anyway!
U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos? Probably Green Monsters....
V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?I'm HORRIBLE at remembering to take them. Fo' realsies.
W: is for wasabi, yay or nay? Yay, but only a little!
X: is for XC Foodie, why is she so awesome? Umm... idk, my bff Jill?
Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?Pot roast!
Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it? Sliced, grilled, sauteed, whatever -- but Andrew HATES it, as in, will vomit if you try to sneak it into his food because he can taste it anyway (I'd accuse him of lying, but I'm the same way with olives. Heaven help the person who tries to sneak a tiny sliver of ANY kind of olive into my food, because I will ralph all over them when I inevitably taste it).

Pick a letter – what’s your answer?

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Melissa's, and I LOVE your Anne quote at the top! Love love love! Also love that you sang the Cookie Monster song with your name in it! Looking forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannnnnaforddddd. I'm going to miss that place in AVL, but at least there is going to be more farmer's markets!

    Cheerios for the WIN.

    ReplyDelete