Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Spike's in PeeWee Hell

Thank you guys so much for all of your encouragement on yesterday's  last week's post (umm... as you can see, I started writing this post then promptly took a bit of a blog hiatus for the past 6 days. It's too damn hot and the two brain cells I usually rub together to generate content have apparently retreated to the nearest watering hole. They send their regards.)! Now that I've had 24 hours seven days to wrap my head around the fact that yes, I WILL be running 13.1 miles in a few short months, I'm feeling much more confident about the whole ordeal.

The day I signed up for the half, I hit my former "if I miss it, I will die" yoga class for the first time in months (seriously... my instructor actually said, "wow, haven't seen you in awhile! When are you coming back to Pilates?" in her little French accent), and OH MAN did it feel good. I was sweating like a hairy ape for most of the class, and within the first five minutes of downdog, I thought my shoulders were going to burst into flames. Did I say it felt good? I  meant terrible, but I feel awesome today so who cares.

On a related note, I wanted to say that in no way is this going to become one of those running-journal-boring-blogs. I figure that none of you care whether I ran 5 miles or had crotch sweat halfway through my speedy 2-miler. After all, that's why God invented DailyMile! I'll probably just slip in some major milestones among regular posts, and make off-hand non-sequitors about how much I love grapefruit (because I do. I've had it in some form every day for the past two weeks).

Unfortunately, I have about five more minutes before I have to catch a bus home (normally I'd walk. However, much like Spike don't play with girls, Caitlin don't walk when hot. Ten points if you can name the movie reference without Google!!) . I do, however, have a list of topics on which to post, and since I have a pretty jam-packed day tomorrow, I assume that the urge to write will coincide promptly with my first deadline.

So, on that note... I'm out! Back to regularly scheduled blogging tomorrow, I hope!

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about others training because I find it really motivating! I hope you do share your big milestones :) Too bad I missed out on the registration. I had no idea it would fill up so fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grapefruit too & I can't wait to hear about your running milestones as they occur. I'll have you know, spilling your news made me look into running a half, until I remembered that I don't really have any interested in doing that! :)

    ReplyDelete