Damn it all. I got all excited because my stupid Blogger Dashboard informed me that this was my "100th post"... except it takes half-written drafts into account, and I think we all know that my Dashboard is where post ideas go to die. Sad day.
Anyway, the always-entertaining
Errign over at Errign's Adventures nominated me to take part in the 7 Links post. While I was totally flattered and honored that a blogger that I love so much nominated me (Thanks, Errign!!), I was a little hesitant to do it at first. In the interest of full disclosure, I spent most of last week eye-rolling at what I basically considered a shameless plug for self-promotion and page hits for those of us lucky enough to get paid per click. But then my inner narcissist prevailed (she almost always does, that minx), and I decided to follow my fellow bloggers off the cliff.
THE GOAL
To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again.
THE RULES
Blogger is nominated to take part
Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
And so it goes on!
We’ll be sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on our blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links
So, without further ado, here are my 7 links or, as I prefer to call it:
Pimp My Blog: The Caitie Edition
MOST BEAUTIFUL
I personally consider myself more in the "Miss Congeniality" category, since I can neither twirl a fire baton nor prance about in a swim suit, but I think the post I wrote the day after an
emotional breakdown was a bit of a beautiful disaster.
MOST POPULAR
I thought for sure that I knew which post was going to take this category, but ended up totally surprised when I clicked the "all-time" post hit counter. The day I claimed my crown as Best Health Blogger Ever, courtesy of my
"secret recipe" for oats, reigns supreme in my loyal readers' hearts.
MOST CONTROVERSIAL
Despite my initial life plan of becoming a lawyer, it turns out that I'm too wont to stir up trouble for anyone to ever do it as a career. Damn bleeding heart. As a result of this unfortunate turn of events, I haven't really written many controversial posts. I did, however, get a really entertaining email after I wrote a post detailing my
run-in with a homeless man on the bus, chastising me for "laughing at the plight of the less fortunate." What?!
MOST HELPFUL
I'm not qualified to help anyone with anything and therefore make it a point not to dispense advice or instruction or help to anyone via my blog posts. I do, however, find that writing honest accounts of my own struggles are extremely helpful to ME, because they're cathartic. That was what spurred me to confess about my struggle with
binge eating, and tossing my inhibitions
out the window, if only for an hour a week. On days when I find myself struggling, I go back and read them, because it puts where I am mentally into perspective. A sort of "letter to myself," if you will.
SURPRISE SUCCESS
I actually owe the success of this post to Errign herself for linking up to it one day. I was so, SO flattered by the amount of feedback I got on
Animal Instincts, particularly because it showcased a more "creative" side of my writing that I rarely have the time to play around with these days.
NOT ENOUGH ATTENTION
Does anyone else feel awkward within the confines of this category? I mean, really. But if I have to say that there's a type of post that I really loved writing and wish other people loved as much as I do (both writing and reading), it's the entire
I Go Back page. Those posts are so much fun to write, and the vividness of the memories certain songs conjure up is ridiculous -- which I think everyone can relate to.
MOST PROUD
I had to really stop and think about this one, but at the end of the day, I'm most proud of
this post, not so much because of the post itself, but the emotions and actions behind it. The whole anxiety issue is something I've been struggling with for a long time, and it's still hard for me to put myself in uncomfortable situations. The feeling that comes afterward, though, is SO MUCH better than the very worst outcome I can make up in my head.
And now, to continue this self-love fest, I nominate:
Katie @ Once a Southern Belle, Always a Southern Belle
Leah @ Why Deprive
Tiffany @ Simply Shaka
Maura @ Maura Me to Love
.... and none for Gretchen Wieners.
Yay - so glad you participated :) Sorry I haven't been over here in a couple - work (at a deeeelightful big box home improvement store) has been keepin' me busy! Happy weekend :)
ReplyDelete