Hell, Yes.
![]() |
| I love this picture enough to use it twice. |
I DID Wake Up and Watch.
Most importantly, I LOVED the dress. One of my best friends went with lace, and to be honest, my eyes kept bugging out when she'd send me possible dresses. But the one she found was GORGEOUS, and she looked stunning -- and I think Kate did, too.
![]() |
| [Source] |
Am I the only one who:
-Played the, "what did Harry whisper to Wills" game? My bet is on my friend Susan's theory, which is, "Hit it or quit it, bro." Send other hilarious lines my way!
-Took her inspiration while dressing today from the Royals? Puffed-sleeve button-down? Check! Loose curls, rather than flat-ironing this normally untamed beast? Check! Jeweled headband holding back half my hair? Check! Oh well. At least I left the tiara
| Yes, my hair naturally does that if I put it in a bun for 10 minutes after blow drying. |
-Is taking bets on Harry and Pippa engaging in some stereotypical best man/maid of honor drunken hookups? Because please, did you see them up on that balcony? I put the over/under on 6 shots before the toast at the "young people's dinner party".
-Choked on her coffee when one of the ABC commentators described Beatrice and Eugenie's getups as "Ugly Stepsister?" Think the Brandy version of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella, now picture them singing... "Why would a fellow want a girl like her..." (and yes, they're Wills' cousins, but you know what they say about those Royals....)
![]() |
| [Source] |
-Thought the kisses, both first AND second, were totally appropriate for the occasion, yet still secretly hoped that the two of them would buck tradition and just make out like high schoolers??
![]() |
| [Source] |
Andrew was a sport from the time I woke him up for work at 6:15 until he left for work. Impressively, he only had one "Don't tread on me!" moment, along with belting out, "My country, 'tis of thee", to "God Save the Queen" as loud as he could in our paper-thin-walled apartment building at 6:30am. He then informed me that if we get married, he and his brother will lead a rousing rendition of the national anthem from the alter. Unfortunately, knowing the two of them, I don't doubt they'll follow through.
On the plus side, though, during our text-convo, my Aunt assured me that I can have bugles and timpani at my wedding. Unfortunately, though, she had to nix my request for a flyover.
UNLESS, of course, I manage to time it perfectly with Opening Day...
Also, it became clear to me that I'm definitely ready for my Confirmation tonight, for two reasons. 1) When the minister raised his hands, I definitely expected him to belt out an "In the name of the Father...."; and 2) I found myself wondering why the actual wedding ceremony was going so quickly. You mean it DOESN'T take everyone an hour to get their vows said?!
Alas, as much as I want to just sit in front of a TV and the internet all day gawking at All Things Royal, I unfortunately have actual work to do, and then have to go home to get ready and apply three pounds of concealer under my eyes so that my children don't see photos of me later in life and wonder why a zombie was present. In the meantime, though...
CONGRATULATIONS, WILLIAM AND KATE! And thanks for bringing the world a bit of happiness amidst the horrors and devastation of everyday life.





Caption for the picture of the two poorly dressed hags:
ReplyDelete"So a peacock and a scarab walk into a bar..."
I just love the little girl in the kiss picture.
ReplyDelete@Melissa -- ME TOO! And I love how she will be forced to look at it through the years, and will probably get a 20/20 special of her own when the Royal Baby gets married!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post :) Ooooh royal wedding!
ReplyDelete